In light of all the recent school bus issues, there is yet another story to be told, this one in our own little community. On Nov. 5, an older student tried to make younger kids on his school bus take Advil, which he disguised as candy. The younger children came home and told their parents, who immediately contacted the principal, the bus driver, the Wolf Creek School Division’s head of transportation, the Wolf Creek School Division’s superintendent, as well as numerous parents. Believe it or not, something was done. On Nov. 12 the Advil was finally cleaned up off the bus floor. Our schools have banned nuts and peanut butter because they can be potentially fatal to some children. Advil on the other hand, can be fatal to all children. Take some time out tonight and Google Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, and then decide for yourself how lightly the school should be treating this. And for the parents who don’t think it could happen to their children, some of the Advil had been ingested and spit out. Count your blessings, because your child could have not come home that day. I know children who are deathly allergic to Advil, is it going to take another death for the school and all the others to step up to the plate and take responsibility!
I for one am not going to take my children’s safety lightly. This issue was never resolved and nothing was ever done to reprimand the offending child. I am making it my mission to bring this to light, and dig up every other piece of rug sweeping going on in our local schools!
A concerned and angry parent