Rock ’n Rimbey rolls into town bigger and better than ever with a full weekend of fun Aug. 25 to 27.
Last year’s one-day show-and-shine has grown to three days of fun for the whole community, says Rimbey Lions Event Chairman, Terry Von Hollen.
Rolling out Friday, Aug. 25 with a main street festival from 4 to 7 p.m., car cruises from 7 to 9 p.m. and beer gardens with live music 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday brings a full day – and evening – of festivities, before Sunday’s street car drags.
“We want ours to be one of the best car show events in Alberta, so we offer things that others don’t,” Von Hollen says, pointing to extras like professional photo ops of the cars, free limo rides, and a unique car rally. “It went over big last year and we try to build on our past successes.”
With numerous events planned, pick and choose your favorites or save with an all-day Saturday Pass to get more bang for your buck.
Need more reasons to Rock ‘n Rimbey? Here’s 10!
1. All rides welcome. Reserve your spot today – from rat rods to Rolls Royces to bikes, all vehicles are welcome at Rimbey!
2. Choose your accommodation. Bed and breakfasts to camping to hotels, find an array of choices to rest your head.
3. Rock it right. In addition to Friday’s street festival and cruise, head to the Co-op Shopping Centre parking lot Friday evening for a beer garden and live music.
4. Ride in style. Car show entrants typically arrive early to get parked, then stay on-site through the day. At Rock ’n Rimbey, hop a limo across town to see the sights or take in the farmers’ market and Paskapoo Museum, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5. Pitch in for fun. With more activities than ever, expanded events include three tournaments: slow pitch (Friday to Sunday), horseshoes (Saturday and Sunday) and bocce ball (Sunday).
6. Great eats. Saturday opens with a pancake breakfast from 9 a.m. to noon and lunch is served by an outdoor charity barbecue or indoor concession, while the evening brings one of last year’s favorites, the catered supper, all at the Peter Lougheed Community Centre.
7. Kids stuff. As if cool cars aren’t enough, free kids’ fun – noon to 2 p.m. Saturday – includes face-painting, balloon animals and mascots.
8. Rally on. Up to 40 teams of two can take their street-legal vehicles on a car rally Saturday along a paved course (sorry, no motorcycles). Extra passengers will be allowed this year.
9. Kick up your heels. Following Saturday’s supper and silent auction at the community centre, twist and shout to your favorite tunes at the Rock ‘n Roll Dance.
10. Drag your wheels. Rev your engines for Sunday’s all-new Street Car Drag Races at Central Alberta Raceways, an awesome finale to the weekend!
Learn more at rocknrimbey.com.